* UPDATE #4 1:50 PM PST 11-02-2015: What’s wrong with this picture? [Hint: Got diversity? IG photo via @IncludeLatinos.]
Remember that time when #Legend @patricia_field styled you in #VintageCouture and the one and only @officialdanilohair styled your hair into a sculpture for your very own @maccosmetics #PhotoShoot, where #JamesGager watched the entire filming from the sidelines and greeted you with a hug and a huge thank you when you wrapped #OnSet! PINCH ME I’M DREAMING! Thank you everyone for making a dream come true for this #NewYorkCityGirl. #MacCosmetics #MakeupArtist #Makeup #mua #instamakeup #instahair #PatriciaField #instafashion #DayOfTheDead #diadelosmuertos #HappyHalloween #HalloweenMakeup
* UPDATE #3 1:25 PM PST 11-01-2015: The rebeldes at Latino Rebels snagged the M-A-C video [in case it gets disappeared], embedded it via DropBox, and you can see it here.
* UPDATE #2 5:08 PM PDT 10-29-2015: The video is still on the M-A-C Facebook page — along with many negative comments. We’re not allowed to embed it, however. No response to our Tweet.
* UPDATE #1 2:12 PM PDT 10-29-2015: Since we published our story overnight, this video has been marked ‘private’ by M-A-C and therefore cannot be viewed. We don’t know if this is a mistake/glitch or something else. We’ve Tweeted M-A-C asking for an explanation.
Marissa Jade Willinsky and M-A-C, the cosmetics company, want to show you how to do your face for Dia de Los Muertos. [UPDATE: THE ORIGINAL LINK TO THE M-A-C SITE HERE ^^^^ USED TO GO TO THE DDLM MAKEUP VIDEO. NOW IT DOESN’T.]
The beautiful Brooklyn native’s makeup tutorial misses the point of the sugar skull look (PRO TIP: Cadaverous skulls don’t wear lipstick), but includes pasted-on somethings around the eyes, which POCHO fan Belen C. B., in a private email, likened to “[pinche] peas in the guacamole.“
Of course, everything ends up smashingly, because “product.” And the TMI — Adderall product placement, anyone?!
It’s hard to beat CUPQUAKE’s mysterious and alluring Dia de Los Muertos sugar skull calavera makeup video, which we first ran in 2012.
We still have two questions:
- What is she wearing?
- And who are those guys in the background?