It’s #GivingTuesday 2016, when all good pochos y pochas should donate dinero to the non-profit organization of her/his choice.
Here’s where Los Pochodores are sending money this year:
- Jefe-in-Chief Lalo Alcaraz supports California Rural Legal Assistance, which protects low-income California individuals and communities, now celebrating its 50th year of service, and the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, bravely fighting to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline.
- Jefe-de-Content Comic Saenz supports the Southern Poverty Law Center, a legal advocacy organization that fights against hate and for immigrants, women, children, the poor, the elderly, and the disenfranchised.
- Subcommandanta del Ñews Sara Inés Calderón urges you to check out Women Who Code Austin, a non-profit that works with more than 2,200 women in and around Austin to help them learn, grow and thrive in the tech industry as well as Country Girls Can Code, an annual workshop that gives young women access to a tech education.
- Texas Burro Jefe Beto Mesta aka Eres Nerd likes Oregon’s Northwest Workers’ Justice Project, which helps low-wage, immigrant and contingent workers protect their workplace dignity and improve pay and working conditions.
- Estilo y Cultura Editor Janelle Gonzales aka Ms. LunaSol backs Project 365 by Campbell which sends hand-sewn plush bears to people who are hurting.
Whatever cause you back, whatever group you support, thank you from all of us!
Photo from LostInTheRedwoods. Gracias!