While visitors to the Casa Azul Museo Frida Kahlo in Mexico City think they’re viewing a definitive selection of items from Kahlo’s closet that have been hidden for 58 years, POCHO has learned that curators, sensitive to the artist’s legend, have held back some items from public display.
Here are the top eight items you won’t see:
8. Lifetime membership card, Hoop Earrings of the Month Club
7. Photoshop 0.1 beta test DVD
6. Leon Trotsky’s private cellphone number
5. Diego Rivera “Real Doll”
4. Purina Monkey Chow
3. Nahuatl strap-on dildo
2. Hot Tamale personal lubricant
And the numero uno secret item from Frida Kahlo’s closet is…
Carton, cardboard, unopened, marked “One Gross, Individual Blister Packs, Stainless Steel Cosmetic Tweezers, Use: Eyebrow, Place of Origin: CN, Brand Name: Sum Yung Guey, Tip Type: Squared.”
- Pocho Ocho ways birthday girl Frida Kahlo has influenced our lives
- Mexclusive: ‘Google Doodle’ honors Frida Kahlo’s 105th birthday!