FIREWORKS: Mission Pocho Viejo American Legion Post 536 once again presents their Annual Fireworks Extravagonzo tomorrow at sunset. This year the pyrotechnics come from Los Light & Loafers Sparklistas with their presentation Rainbows of Love. Watch out for the confetti and glitter bombs!
Moms: Bring your blankets and sit the kids on the grass at Sotomayor Stadium.
Dads: Do NOT bring your own fireworks like last year.
INK AND DRINK: Two businesses in the El Rancho Pocho Downtown Historical District are getting together for a patriotic combo deal that’s hard to beat.
Get any flag or patriotic tat at Inky Dinky’s House of Pain on Porciuncula Place this week and Inky will slide you a $10 pre-paid bar tab for the Loco Lounge next door.
And guys, if you like thick chicks, you’ll love new tattoo artist Salma’s Fernando Botero-inspired portraits of your true hyna, right over your heart.
INTERFAITH PICNIC: The families of Saint Pocho’s Church and B’nai Pocho Reform Temple invite you to join them for a meat-free Family-Friendly Food Truck Party at East Pocho Presidio Park Wednesday from 11 AM to 3 PM. There will be something delicious for everyone (and nothing to offend anyone) with offerings from local favorite gourmet food trucks
- El Toasty Tasty (gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas and pupusas )
- Squeeze Me (organic lemonade, aguas frescas and smoothies)
- Help I’m A Fish (tuna dolphin-free creations, ceviche and sushi rolls)
- Borscht Belt (Kosher/organic hot and cold soups)
- Hella Halal (Mission-style tacos Arabes)
- Basmati Baby (delicious and unexpected vegetarian rice combinations)
- Pocho Paletero (frozen treats in traditional and exotic flavors)
Organized non-violent games for the kids, non-judgemental restrooms for everyone and music by the Vaguely-Marley-Sounding Band.
Sign made here.