Trade publication Advertising Age’s new Hispanic Fact Pack has hit the Interwebs, revealing tantalizing details about the “Hispanic market” which means you.
And it’s packed, por supuesto, with facts:
- In the US of A, many people are Hispanic, almost one out of every four or five.
- 85% of Hispanics online use Facebook.
- The biggest markets for Latinos are Los Angeles, New York, Miami, and Houston.
- Humongous red Spanish-espeaking illustrated elefantes are welcome in the board room, as long as you pretend they are not really there.
8. One out of 5 Latinxs does a double-take when seeing photos of Walter Mercado they think it’s their Tía Faviola.
7. Two out of 5 of those Latinos grit their teeth at the completely #@$#))! unnecessary use of “x” in “Latinxs”.
6. The remaining two individuals in that initial sample will battle to the death over the use of “Hispanic” vs. “Latino”.
5. 25.8% of kids under age 9 are Hispanic; the vast majority do not live in a trademark barrel while annoying the other inhabitants of their fictional low income housing complex.
3. 33% of Latinos are Googling “cornfleis” right now, and they’re all third-generation Mexican-Americans.
2. 100% of U.S. Hispanics will be unable to read this line of data without singing a chorus of Despacito silently inside their heads afterwards.
And the Numero Uno Top Fact NOT in Advertising Age’s 2017 Hispanic Fact Book is…
More than 50% of Latinos self-identify with one group: #TeamSelena or #TeamPitbull; the others are offended that #TeamDaddyYankee is not a choice.
➜ Bernadette Rivero is the President of The Cortez Brothers, Inc., a 100% creative broadcast production company.
[Elefante image from the Fact Pack PDF. Download it here.]
PREVOUSLY ON BERNADETTE RIVERO: