Is there a way for the politically active pocha or pocho, Chicano, Chicana, Chican@ and/or Latinx (Gustavo Arellano calls them “wokosos”) to get lucky AND make the world a better place?
Yes, there is, in our list of the Pocho Ocho Way Woke Pickup Lines you can use for Valentine’s Day:
8. What do we want? A quiet romantic dinner for two! When do we want it? Wednesday night — what do you think — 8-ish?
7. What’s a nice girl like you doing in a MEChA like this?
6. Is that a GMO-free organic sustainably-raised earth-friendly heirloom local family farm non-corporate elote in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
5. C’mon, baby. We didn’t cross the friend zone — the friend zone crossed us.
4. Did anyone ever tell you you look like Frida Kahlo?
3. Do you sit-in here often?
2. Let’s make babies — the gringos absolutely hate that.
And the Numero Uno Way Woke Pickup Line for Valentine’s Day is…
No justice, no piece.
- Especial Correspondents Comic Saenz, Maria Purisima, and Eres Nerd contributed to this report.
(Yes. We have run versions of this story before.)