This graphic shows how hackers overwhelmed the site one day last week. Those three “load” figures at the top should be close to “1.” All the “USERS” you see on Comic Seanz’s screen cap show our webserver software (Apache) trying to keep up with bullshit requests from evil hack robots.
Can you donate $20 or $50 so we can make more ñews y satire?
The hackers who overwhelmed our site are gone — for now. But we still need your help so we can beef up POCHO’s infrastructure. Money help.
- Bringing in security pro to sweep our site will cost at least $100 — and could cost more if she finds something.
- Updating our hosting package — now provided as a public service by our friends at Pixelgate.net — means more dinero — over $100 more each month.
- Upgrading our WordPress theme software (the recent upgrade left a slew of bugs we’re trying to iron out), is another hundred or so plus expensive web developers.
We don’t have the money to do this stuff — without you.
We run ads from Google’s Adsense (when they don’t block ads because of POCHO’s content annoys their robots) but the money doesn’t even cover the Pochodores’ site-related expenses let alone get us the stuff we need.
We don’t charge YOU for content, so we have to make these occasional pitches for tips, donations, contributions, whatever you want to call them, but it’s embarrassing. We bet if you’re reading this you probably got $5 or $10 worth of laughs from us in the last 18 months, so we’re not asking for something for nothing. Two Venti Lattes worth of laughs. Send us your pocho love.
Can you help?
Can you PayPal us $10 or $20 or $50 so we can get the tools we need to survive, and maybe thrive?
It’s easy. Click on the DONATE button and you’ll be transported automagically to PayPal where you can send us some of the help we need.
- Comic Saenz wants us to add they we could use a donation of a recent MacBook, MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. New would be superb, refurb no problem, used but working perfectly wonderful. Email email@example.com.
- We need advertisers, too. If you aren’t afraid to be associated with sometimes controversial content, contact Our Ad Man!