In East L.A., activist Vanessa “Coyolxauhqui” García had a sad and broke down crying at a community meeting right before the end of the year. Garcia was distraught at the gap between her aspirations and the sad state of the world.
In the San Fernando Valley, adult video editor Roberto Mendoza faced an uncertain future after being fired for browsing Internet spreadsheets at work.
And in New Jersey, a bottle of Jean Naté was regifted to its original gifter 19 years after its purchase at Rexall.
In the final year of the Mayan Apocalypse, the Year of the Chancla, these stories broke the ñews on POCHO:
Can you donate $5 or $10 so we can make more ñews y satire?
- Local Latina activist tearfully faces reality: ‘I can’t save the world’
- Last known bottle of Jean Naté is returned to original gifter
- Porn video editor fired for browsing spreadsheets at work
- Meet my elementary school hero: ‘Facundo the Great’ (video)
- Say goodbye to 2012, ‘The Year of the Chancla’ in Mayan Calendar
- Happy New Year from Your National Rifle Association (toon)