Cuban ballet dancers who recently defected from their troupe in Mexico and now live in Miami are “amazed at how many foods come canned and can be easily heated up in a microwave,” according to the Associated Press.
Canned foods! But wait, there’s mas. Here are the Pocho Ocho other things about the U.S. that also surprised our new island immigrants:
8. Studebaker, DeSoto, Willys and Nash are out of the automobile business
7. America’s most famous Cuban? Mark Cuban
6. Fidel is a sofa bed mogul and Che sells t-shirts
5. Cuban-Chinese food
4. No Communist Party membership discounts at Lululemon
3. Shocking shortage of elderly toothless women smoking cigars
And the numero uno suprising thing the dancing Cuban defectors found out about America is…
The U.S. let Marco Rubio’s family in. WTF?