It was just another evening, just another Mexican Dinner with la familia, until the son decided it was time to make an announcement that would rock the house.
Video creator Glen Hunt was just an ordinary guy, microwaving an ordinary burrito (don’t judge) and then THIS happened.
Student film? Bad Accent Video Theatre? Whatever! El Amor de Mi Amante is mini-telenovela brought to you by Taco Bell and this year’s hottest new fragrance — Twist!
PREVIOUSLY ON BAD SPANISH ACCENT VIDEO THEATRE:
What’s a girl to do when a love hunk comes knocking at the front door?
In an effort to capture the growing Latino audience, Grammy-winning producer Emilio Estefan (better known for marrying Gloria Estafan), will be producing a Latino-themed TV drama. Estafan hopes to create a show that will attract a Latino audience without “demeaning roles.”
Good luck Emilio! There’s no better example of Latino pride than El Chavo del Ocho!
Here are our suggested top eight Latino-themed tv dramas:
8. Dos Mujeres, Un Doctor Who – A handsome Time Lord battles evil MIGRA robots while forced to choose between two sexy companions.
7. Frijole & Isles – (pero que? son patas?)
6. Mariachi Medium – A man has visions of violent crimes while playing the tuba in shiny pants.
La Cañada (The Cliff) A film by Carlo Corea. Spanish with English subtitles (Spanish dialog NSFW if people at work don’t like Spanish adult language.)
Emilio and Nicolás, two drug dealers, are filling up their private plane with packages of cocaine in the Mexican mountains when a peasant stumbles into their operation. The Indio asks for a ride to the other side of the cliff.
The decision divides Nico (the boss) and Emilio (his helper), who must face the consequences of their decisions.
There’s no holiday more pocho than the Fourth of July. Independence Day has all the elements that make for an awesome celebration: it marks a momentous event in our history plus there’s a barbecue, family, friends and the perfect excuse to play with fire, fireworks and/or firearms.
Some of you may already starting to party today, so let’s jump the gun with the Pocho Ocho top ways to celebrate this holiday weekend:
8. Honoring the flag. We love our country and we love our flag.
7. Spilling beer on your cell phone. Party foul be damned, it’s bound to happen.
6. Eating too much. Then eating more. You can’t just have one plate, even if your already-tight jeans are feeling snug. This is a holiday for goodness’ sakes!