“Reality, shmeality,” says Hollywood as it plans an epic film on Mexican-American history without any, you know, Chicanos: JLo stars as the Virgen de Guadalupe, Lou Diamond Phillips is Che Guevara and Elton John is cast as Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer.
And there’s trouble in Brand Land as Starbucks plans to test-market chile- and nopal-flavored drinks in East Los and agrichem conglomerate Monsanto‘s proposed soy chicharrones meet pushback from pro-pork protestors.
More minority babies where born in the U.S. last year than white babies and the invasion of little pishers from Vagistan has the usual suspects all riled up. Speaking of babies, columnist Maria Purisma‘s sad sex life sent her to Victoria’s Secret, and homeboy Chuy of the Hey Vato! crew wondered if new tats would make his new girlfriend more forthcoming.
The week’s big ñews links from POCHO are just a click away:
- Hollywood Spaniards, Puerto Ricans plan ‘ultimate’ Chicano film
- Starbucks test-markets nopal, chile-flavored drinks in East Los Angeles
- American census shocker! Minority babies invading U.S. from Vagistan
- Mujeres: Wearing Victoria’s Secret doesn’t make you a model
- Protestors target Monsanto’s plans for soy ‘chicharrones’ (updated)
- Hey Vato! Tattoo or not tattoo, that is the question (NSFW video)