Gas is hella cheap in Mexico and gabachos with gas-guzzlers are going gaga South of the Border filling their gaping petrol holes. Here in Los United Estates, politically-aware cartoons (like Doonesbury) are getting censored.
This cartoon caca is old news to us: Last year, a cartoon by POCHO Jefe-in-Chief Lalo Alcaraz was deemed racist by Huffington Post corporate bigwigs and got the editor of Brentwood.Patch.com fired. Turns out the editor is someone we know and love…
Based on actual stats, here are the Top Ten most popular stories this ñewsweek on Pocho.com:
- U.S. ‘gasbacks’ sneaking into Mexico for cheap fuel
- How Lalo Alcaraz got me fired from Patch.com – the true story
- KPCC radio billboard ‘Occupied’ by KPFK radio listener
- Pocho Ocho ways Republicans celebrate International Women’s Day
- What Mexicans really look like, not what *they* think (video)
- Smokey the Cholo Video Blog: ‘Guess who is a Mexican!’ (NSFW)
- Is Tucson book ban based on vendetta against Latina spelling champ?
- CHONY 2012: Mexican Mitt’s new awareness campaign
- Rick Santorum’s Pocho Ocho political proposal
- Amazing surrealist video: ‘Fresh Guacamole’ (delicious, too!)