Some, like POCHO amigo Gustavo ¡Ask A Mexican! Arellano, say it started with Tapatio-flavored Fritos, Doritos, and Ruffles.
Others trace the flavor reconquista to Starbucks’ testing out nopal-flavored espresso drinks in East Los Angeles. But know this: The national introduction of Tapatio-flavored Lays potato chips next week is only the beginning.
Flavoristas say you should look out for these Pocho Ocho Mexican-flavored products in the near future:
8. Horchata-flavored Jaegermeister: Hormeister!
7. Tres Flores presents serrano-chile-flavored bigote wax — sabor picante is just a lick away
6. Chia Coke
5. Creamy pig-flavored love lube from the makers of El Mexicano Manteca
4. Tequila-flavored mouthwash
3. Make any place smell like home with Frijole Spray 3000
2. Menudo-flavored Tums
And the numero uno new upcoming Mexican-flavored product is
Tortilla-flavored tortillas. Am I right people?
Lays photo courtesy OCWeekly.com